Monday, June 9, 2008

A Brief Introduction

Ravenseyrie (pronounced: ray-venz-air-ee) is the name my husband, Kevin Droski, and I have given to our farm here on Manitoulin Island (Ontario, CANADA) and is also the name I use for my art studio and gallery.

"Eyrie" is a variant spelling of "aerie" which is a "high, remote dwelling place", typically for large nesting birds. There are many free-spirited ravens that dwell among us high up on Gore Bay's prominent East Bluff--it is they who inspired this most fitting name.

Journal of Ravenseyrie has been created to serve mainly as a chronicle of the Ravenseyrie Sorraia Mustang Preserve, a transcontinental preservation effort to help save the endangered indigenous wild horse of the Iberian Peninsula known as the Sorraia. This online journal will also feature essays and commentary on our other pursuits, some of which are: evolved horsemanship, art & writing, organic gardening, psychology, alternative realities, mycology and much more.
In the days to come, I will share with you some some stories from the past as well as things that are happening now and what we hope for the future.


It gives Kevin and me great pleasure to be able to share with you a view into the amazing world of Ravenseyrie.

Walk in beauty,
Lynne Gerard

7 comments:

eva said...

Hey Lynne, you did it! Power to you! I know this is a place i will want to return to often.

Cheers,
eva

Lynne Gerard said...

Eva,
You have made cyber history in my little world by being the first to post a comment in Journal of Ravenseyrie. Thank you!

It was your stimulus that got me this far! And don't forget it was also you who got me set up and running with photobucket.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Well done, Lynne! I'm looking forward to watching this site expand and flourish.
Best,
Kris

Lynne Gerard said...

Hi Kris!
I'm so glad you made it to the blog. I'm finding it a real tech stretch for me and it still takes me way too long to put in a post, but I'm sure i'll improve.

Thanks for leaving a comment for me!

alene55 said...

Lynne,
Beautiful! And you should be very proud, because one would never know that you feel challenged by working with the necessary technology for your blog--it reads easily and beautifully to the visitor. I've enjoyed re-meeting the herd here in their new(ish) home. And your writing is light and welcoming; in other words, you sound happy in this new home(ish!) home too. Bravo my friend!
Alene

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne,

This is wonderful, hope to spend a lot of time here. You are amazing Lynne, no wonder you are SO busy!!

lol Annemiek

Lynne Gerard said...

Alene and Annemiek,
I'm so happy you have navigated the blog and found how to leave a comment.

This little virtual world provided by blogger is something I am thankful for--it provides such a nice atmosphere to share words and photos in.

Thanks for the visit!
Lynne